Sunday 8 March 2015

The Walking Dead - Season 5, Episode 13 - Forget (Preview)


I'll admit it, I was waaaay off with my preview of last week's episode, but I enjoyed writing it. So much so, that I'm doing another one. Plus, last week's preview done absolute wonders for exposure of the site in general, and I'm not above clickbait. I know, I'm Satan's spawn. Sue me. Anyway, let us talk The Walking Dead, and what's to be expected from tonight's episode, which is called "Forget". Like last week, I'll tell you the synopsis given for the new episode before going on to discuss what I think we may be in store for tonight. Simple enough, here's what AMC has given us to work with... 

"Rick and the group continue to acclimate to their new surroundings. Will they be able to go back to normalcy? Better yet, what is normal now?"

Here are my thoughts...
  • Last week, I predicted it would be a filler episode, and I was wrong. It was perhaps one of the strongest episodes of the season, in terms of things happening everywhere, members of the core group being broken into their new roles within Alexandria already, and subtle hints to what will be happening in the near future. With that being said, I don't see why they would feel the need to add in a filler episode now. The group will be delving deeper into what Alexandria is all about, and with there only being four episodes remaining of the season (MAJOR SAD FACE) the ball may start rolling for the first big problem that Rick and company will have to deal with inside the seemingly impenetrable walls of the Alexandria Safe-Zone. 
  • Another thought I had was that we may see a bit more of Enid. When we were introduced to her last week, I immediately became suspicious that she was a spy of sorts for another group of people, and it seems that she is the likely suspect in the case of Rick's missing "J gun". I reckon we'll see a lot of her in this episode, and get to find out a bit more about her. it's obvious that our Carl has an eye for her, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out, should she be outed as a spy or a traitor.
  • The synopsis asks the question, can they go back to normalcy? With Rick's new role in Alexandria as the law enforcement, alongside Michonne, it may be a smooth sailing time for them for the most part in this episode. Where Rick is constantly cautious, and always has his guard up, he'll be back in a home environment, and with Michonne being a voice of reason, they may begin to find it easier integrating into the community. The same cannot be said for Daryl, who continues to be an outcast. The descriptions for the final couple of episodes seems to put him in a precarious situation, and with his fate now being widely disputed, the downward spiral may begin for everyone's favorite redneck. Carol, playing the mole of the group, will likely contribute hugely in finding out more about Deanna and the other Alexandria residents.
  • The eerie welcome from Pete to Rick during last week's episode sticks in the mind, and I'll be surprised if the tension between these two doesn't go up a few notches tonight. From reading the comic books, Pete is a bit of a dick. Can we expect to see a brawl or two between Rick and Pete? Definitely. Will the first be tonight? Every chance, we'll have to wait and see.
  • Fair warning here... this is a potential SPOILER. If you just wanted a plain preview, stop reading here, my last point may well spoil this episode for you... It has been revealed that the actor who plays Noah has signed up for appearances on Criminal Minds. Where it's not impossible for him to do both, something similar happened right before Tyreese was killed off earlier in the season. Going by that, I have a bad feeling that Noah may be killed off tonight. It would also further back up my theory of at least two deaths from the core group even before the season finale.
So yeah, that's my thoughts on what we can expect from The Walking Dead's season 5, episode 13 - "Forget". Usual schtick, if you enjoy reading about some Walking Dead stuff occasionally let me know, if you think it's the worst fucking thing on the planet... bolt. Immediately. Or at least keep it to yourself, and thus not allowing us sane people to judge you. Cheers. I will... I WILL review tonight's episode tomorrow. Wanted to do it last week but work beckoned, and what you gonna do? For now though folks, see you all next time!